If seeing the first robin is the traditional harbinger of spring, then the Home Show at the Buffalo Niagara Convention Center is the annual inspirational signal for homeowners and do-it-yourselfers to think about refreshing their homes.
The Buffalo Home Show opens March 3 for a two-weekend-only show featuring new ideas for home decor, practical and innovative information for home improvement, and tips and advice for the man- or woman-around the house.
Visitors will discover the hottest trends in housing and remodeling at the custom-built Design Home. Tour the 1,400-square-foot show home, the centerpiece of the show, that highlights the latest in design, home renovation and decor.
It will spark your imagination with everything from custom cabinets to the newest furniture styles to home accessories and lighting choices. Talk to decorating experts who worked on the Design Home and take home a plethora of ideas for your next project.
The Design Home is decorated by Ethan Allen and incorporates the new Ethan Allen/Disney collection. M.P. Caroll Hardwood provided all the flooring throughout the Design Home, Cortese Construction built the kitchen and bathroom areas while Creative Storage created the closet spaces.
On the exterior of the home, show attendees enjoy the landscaping and pocket gardens crafted by F&S Design Studio and Busy Beaver Lawn & Garden along with a pergola constructed by DeGroff Outdoor Structures.
Next, see the latest craze in home design and travel. Erie 1 Boces students built a tiny house. As many people decide to down size, tiny houses are becoming more and more popular across the country. The “Tiny Guest House” by the students from Erie 1 Boces is set along side the Design Home. Tour it and get a peek at just how easy it is to make the most of a small space without sacrificing function, comfort and style.
The student-built tiny home will be auctioned off in June. All proceeds from the auction will support the building trades program at Erie 1 BOCES and will also fund 2017’s tiny house build. (Get details at the show.)
While at the home show, stop by the Feature Stage for presentations providing practical and innovative information. Furnished by Value City and presented by The Buffalo News, the stage has series of scheduled appreances:
• Chris Lambton on March 4 and 5. H is the host of DIY Networks “Yard Crashers” and appears with his wife Peyton on HGTV’s “Going Yard” where they transform backyards, one house at a time. The show highlights their landscaping skills and gardening know-how as they create outdoor living spaces and features including patios, pergolas, fire pits and water structures for deserving homeowners.
• Tyler Wisler on March 11 and 12. With more than 16 years in the industry, Wisler has established himself as one of New York’s most influential and dynamic designers with an international clientele. Tyler has been featured on HGTV’s “Design Star,” ABC’s “Good Morning America” and NBC’s “George To The Rescue.”
• Lorissa & Chris Naugle “Ask a House Flipping Expert” will be making presentations during both weekends of the show. They are experts in the art of flipping houses. Lorissa, “the boss, is a Realtor with HUNT while her husband, Chris, “the finance guy,” has been a financial advisor for more than 11 years.
They are passionate about the Buffalo area and are working hard to put Buffalo on the map again. They’re currently filming a reality show highlighting their house-flipping shenanigans titled “Flip Out.” Show attendees can also visit them at booth #816 for expert tips on real estate, financial advice and house flipping.
• Lobby Backyard Oasis presented by F&S Design Studio and A-1 Land Care offers outdoor inspiration. Don’t overlook it as you enter the grand lobby at the Buffalo Home Show!
A 12’ by 12’ hip roof structure by F+S Design Studio and A-1 Land Care, Inc. anchors the space and is extended out into the landscape by the addition of three wooden arbors. Gabion walls are introduced as a modern accent including a water feature located as a focal point of the lounge area. The cozy sofas surrounding a circular gas fire pit.
• DIY presentations by Rust-Oleum showcase 12 projects to help transform your ordinary spaces into extraordinary ones. From planters to wall art and metallic spray paint to chalk paint, head over to our live DIY Inspiration board to check out the latest products and fresh new ideas for your home and garden.
• Barefoot Wine Garden Lounge is hosting a party in the new Garden Lounge and sharing the latest in party themes, décor ideas and food/wine pairings.
Show hours are 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. March 3 and 4 and March 10 and 11; and from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sundays March 6 and 12. Tickets are $11 at the box office; $8 online at: buffalohomeshow.com; $3 for children 6 to 12 years old; and free for children 5 years and under. Discount tickets at Tops Friendly Markets: $7.